The April edition of the Bootstrap Broadcast has landed with a focus this month on differentiation and how to achieve it with branding, your proposition and your product.
The newsletter is always [I hope!] packed full of resources, courses & events to grow startups of all sizes – inspired by questions from those I teach or work with, or from things we’ve encountered at the coal face of our own startup adventures. Here’s some of the resources included this month:
Focusing on Facebook ads? Then dip into these 12 quick tactics to give them an effective, emotional hook here
Dive into differentiation by checking out these 10 brands and how they set themselves apart from the competition here
- [Strategy] 42% of startups fail due to lack of market-fit but it’s preventable – focus on your market differentiation with this
- [Product] Most of you know I’m a big fan of Marty Neumeier’s book, Zag and I recently found this list of “25 Intangibles” – a great source to get the grey cells going on your value proposition and point of differentiation
- [Branding] When the purse-strings are tight can you gain traction by making your brand a movement? See how others have done it here
- [Social] Facebook update… Facebook Stories (like Instagram stories) will be rolling out to you soon – read this to find out more
- [SEO] Improve the SEO results of your homepage with these quick tricks… yes it’s SEO but it’s approachable-SEO!
- [Sales] There are three main aspects to creating a repeatable sales process – here’s what you can think about to improve yours.
- [Startup story] Think you’ve got a tough job trying to break into an established or set-in-its-ways industry? Take inspiration (and top tips) from this
Resources, course and events:
- You’ll know I’m a big fan of email onboarding from previous newsletters; these onboarding email examples are great inspiration for any occasion
- Tech London Advocates event – join me at the next TLA event; they always have an impressive line-up and are packed full of interesting people. Take a look here
- Need your startup to work with corporates? Then this event might be interesting for you to understand how others have done it.
- Confronting imposter syndrome as a startup founder – a brilliantly honest but also practical look at this founder reality – FIX
- 5 of the most interesting stats about startups – some will surprise you – FIX
- “How my friends and I grew a side project into $17k a month business” – FIX
Be sure to get the full Bootstrap Broadcast every month in your inbox by signing up here: