The Bootstrap Broadcast – Jan 2018
I'm not a huge advocate of making resolutions - I prefer the idea of intentions, where there is room for error, reflection and learning with a view to getting to a better place or version in the end. I do however think January is a great time to do this. I'm verging on obsessive when it comes to getting some serious R&R over the festive period as it really does mean we can all come back to our businesses with a fresh pair of eyes. All the content this month is inspired to help you do just that - whether it's because you're pondering an entire business pivot, need to sharpen up your proposition, or plan out your social content, there should be something for everyone.
The newsletter is always [I hope!] packed full of resources, courses & events to grow startups of all sizes - inspired by questions from those I teach or work with, or from things we've encountered at the coal face of our own startup adventures. Here's some of the resources included this month:
As entrepreneurs there's never enough hours in the day. Fact. But trying to do everything is toxic to our health and our effectiveness, so have a go at mapping your Model Week with this guide to get a New Year refresh in play.
As a seed-stage startup it's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day but if you're looking to stay ahead of the competition or to raise money it's always worth reflecting on your direction to plan ahead. Give this a try.
- [Strategy] - Find inspiration for your own startup journey in the growth strategies of these well-known startup brands.
- [Conversion] - Make a killer explainer video for the homepage of your product or service with this step-by-step guide.
- [Social] - Pep up your social media feeds for the new year with a few of these ideas.
- [Content] - What makes a good blog post and where's the [fine] line between engagement and conversion? Have a read here.
- [Product] - Reflect on your product positioning and check you're still crystal clear and compelling with these three big questions.
- [Startup story] - How do you create a truly customer-centric product or service? Hear from serial entrepreneur David Cancel about being customer-driven here.
Resources, course and events:
- The 30 best pieces of advice from established entrepreneurs in 2017- FIX
- The first rule of leadership - be yourself (but others might not like it) - FIX
- HAVE YOUR SAY - The APPG for Entrepreneurship want your opinions to shape their upcoming policy papers. Take their survey here â€Š- FIX
Be sure to get the full Bootstrap Broadcast every month in your inbox by signing up here: