A big thank you to those of you that have sent in marketing and startup related questions recently. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed researching the different areas and digging through my content archives to fill the newsletter. It feels like everyone has that Spring-clean feeling going on (perhaps driven by the big thaw), so good luck with your adventures.
The newsletter is always [I hope!] packed full of resources, courses & events to grow startups of all sizes – inspired by questions from those I teach or work with, or from things we’ve encountered at the coal face of our own startup adventures. Here’s some of the resources included this month:
The nail is in the coffin for the organic reach of your Facebook business/brand page following their recent algorithm changes. Get to grips with what they’ve done in this succinct overview here.
Product-Market fit is the holy-grail for an early-stage venture, but not enough is talked about how Language-Market fit forms a big part of this… namely how you describe your venture to really resonate. Have a read here
- [Product] – Product design rests with you the founder, not the techies – here’s a great guide on how to navigate this when you’re lacking in development skills yourself.
- [Branding] – What do you stand for? Rarely are we afforded the time to reflect on that sort of question. Take 3 minutes to reflect on personal branding Gandhi style
- [Social] – In light of Facebook’s changes this might be useful… How to encourage fans from one social network to another – have a read
- [Content] – Copywriting is such a skill and when you’re bootstrapping, let’s face it, you’re the copywriter. So brush up your skills with this 5 minute course online
- [Email] – Learn how to improve the results of your email marketing by learning from the story of our friends over at MeetEdgar here
- [Startup story] – Bootstrap or raise? It’s the question that defines your journey from the very start. Get an insight into both sides of the fence from this founding team
Resources, course and events:
- [Resource] – Really helpful with resources and links abound – The London Startup Guide
- [Evemt] – Female Founders Forum launches their mentoring plan – March 15th 6pm
- [Workshop] – We’ll have to stop burying our heads in the sand soon… Learn about GDPR and what it means for you at this educational event – March 20th 5.30pm
- What needs to change for the better in the London startup scene – FIX
- Run better meetings by understanding personality types in your team – FIX
- How good are you at negotiating? Get into the science with this piece – FIX