So how was summer for you? It can be a strange time when you run your own business. If you’re running a B2B business in my experience it can become an exercise in holding your nerve, as clients go away and timelines slip beyond recognition; but be assured it all picks up again in September and our sales-focused Coffee-Break content might help, I hope. By contrast, this summer has been strangely different: starting at UCL and designing my course has had me reading none-stop, but rest-assured I have enough Bootstrap Broadcast content to last a year!
The newsletter is always [I hope!] packed full of resources, courses & events to grow startups of all sizes – inspired by questions from those I teach or work with, or from things we’ve encountered at the coal face of our own startup adventures. Here’s some of the resources included this month:
Kick-start the season post-summer with these sales techniques to refocus and seek out the opportunities to generate repeat sales from existing customers. Have a read.
- [Strategy] – This one might surprise you… “I fucking hate marketing…” but all is not as it seems – have a read
- [Product] – Building a web-platform or app? Avoid making the £20,000 mistakes that this guy did – have a read here
- [Social] – Learn the Instagram slang and use the right lingo to reach your audience most effectively with this insta-lingo guide
- [Content] – Demonstrate relevance and inspire your target audience with these 10 ideasto consider when choosing your content
- [Startup story] – 7 lessons from 100 failed startups – what can you learn? Have a read
Resources, course and events:
- [Conference] – Explore and learn about the latest global tech innovation at the Tech World Tour on 16th November
- [Event] – Stay connected and learn from some of the most successful entrepreneurs via the New Entrepreneurs Foundation
- [Resource] – Every founder has had the domain-name fight – endlessly trying to find a business name that’s also available as a domain. This is amazing.
- Alter your mindset to help improve happiness and productivity – FIX
- Entrepreneurship is a great career for women, by our friend Sophie at TEN – FIX
- Can you scale a startup without a team? Some say yes… – FIX
Be sure to get the full Bootstrap Broadcast every month in your inbox by signing up here: